Martta Węg (Marta Węgrzynowska)
She was born in 1978 in Tomaszow Mazowiecki, Poland. She received her secondary education in the Private School of Drawing and Painting (Prywatna Szkoła Rysunku i Malarstwa) in Lodz and in the Lycée of Plastic Arts Liceum Sztuk Plastycznych) in Lodz. She later enrolled at the European Academy of Arts Europejska Akademia Sztuk) in Warsaw, from which she graduated with honours having completed her studies in the Department of Painting under the guidance of Prof. Barbara Szubinska. She also obtained an additional degree in workshop graphics and drawing. She was short-listed by the European Academy of Arts for the Award of the President of the Republic of Poland in a competition for the best diploma project in the art colleges, the so called Year 2002 Diploma, in the province of fine arts and applied arts. She has been awarded the Mayor of Warsaw Award for the best graduate of the Warsaw colleges. She also has been awarded twice an artistic scholarship of the Minister of National Education. She has been a participant of many individual and collective exhibition in Poland and abroad. She has shown her paintings, among other places, in the Art Présent Gallery in Paris, and in Arnhem in the Nethrlands. She lives and works in Warsaw.
Her most important exhibitions:
- an individual exhibition in the Katarzyna Napiorkowska's Gallery in Warsaw;
- an individual exhibition in the Hollyłód Gallery in Łód;
- an exhibition of the best EAS students and graduates in the Koneser Centre of Culture in Warsaw;
- an individual exhibition in the Art Presént Gallery in Paris;
- an exhibition of th four artists in the Pro Bono gallery in Warsaw in the cycle of exhibition entitled The Successors;
- an individual exhibition in the Borka Gallery in Warsaw;
- an exhibition of th finalist of the President's Competition in the Poster Museum in Wilanow, Warsaw;
- an individual exhibition in the Ewa Walinska's Gallery in Arnhem, the Netherlands.
- an individual exhibition in the District Museum in Tomaszów Mazowiecki
- an individual exhibition in the Brama Gallery in Warsaw;
- an individual exhibition in the Maria Konopnicka Society Gallery in Warsaw;
- an individual exhibition in the Borka Gallery in Warsaw.
- a painting exhibition of the selected works of the EAS students, in the SGH (the Central Economic College) Gallery in Warsaw.